Dear Friend of Mama Sayang,
As Christmas approaches we are all reminded of God’s goodness throughout the year. First may we at Mama Sayang wish you all the best Christmas ever and a very happy New Year.
We appreciate so very much all your help given and loyalty to our kids throughout the year and we repeat again and again without you investing in our kids we would not survive here.
Very briefly some highlights from 2013:
- Our girls rugby union team had a very successful Bali trip. They matured very rapidly and one of our girls got the “Player of the Tournament” trophy
- We had a complete upgrade of our office to enable us to use the latest technology - thanks to the generosity of the Priscilla Hall Foundation.
- 3 of our 21 Uni students graduated with excellent marks and now entering the job market.
- 16 of our kids are now working with PT Fluidic Indonesia in Bogor, this is a fantastic opportunity for advancement and we are humbled by their kindness’ shown to our kids.
- The Jakarta-based PT Senjaya has also taken some of our graduates and given them positions to greatly further their opportunities. Organizations like these recognize that our kids and many other kids are the future of Indonesia.
- Many donations from various individuals here in Indonesia with an outstanding one from “AC” who we are extremely grateful for. We never skim or take any donation for granted and use every penny for the children wisely.
- We wish to recognize here the achievement of Alastair MacDonald, who ran the Japan Mount Fuji 160 km 2day race – non stop – for Mama Sayang. Our are kids in awe of his valiant effort! Alastair also took two of our kids to the Jakarta 10K run and Franky came number 1 in his age group, and Leha came 5th. Very proud of all of them.
- Visits from our two Danish girls Rikke and Rebecca, then Jenny and Kas from the UK and our two Swiss girls Lena and Yani who amazingly gave up all their holidays to come to Indonesia and teach English to our kids.
- Formation of our two boys cricket teams thanks to Robert Baldwin and have done very well in the leagues that “Baldy“ has continually entered them into.
- Sponsorship of some our school kids by “DE” and “PW” from 7 kids we move up to 14 being sponsored now.
- Our foundation now is in the process of being audited by Norton Rose in Jakarta which will help our credibility greatly. Big thanks to them.
We'd also like to thank all of the people who have donated through our website (www.mamasayang.org). For those of whom who would still like to do so - just click on the following links:
- One-time Donor (you decide the amount)
- Fan (USD10 per month)
- Supporter (USD25 per month)
- Child Sponsor (USD50 per month)
A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. HUGE THANKS AND MAY YOU ALL BE TRUELY BE BLESSED AT THIS SPECIAL TIME OF THE YEAR.
-– Mike and Jeveline Hilliard
Dear friends of Mama Sayang,
Since our last update from Christmas 2012 much has happened and we are truly blessed.
The Rotary Club in Cilandak and a private sponsor helped fund the roof over the boy's balcony. This now means we can use it all year round. Many thanks.Read More
As another year draws to a close, we wish you a very Merry Christmas from all of us at Mama Sayang Orphanage.
We have been very blessed this year and would like to share some of our highlights and accomplishments:Read More
This is the big news – we have now got a new school building. Opened on Monday 18 July. This is going to be the making of Saint Enoch. For us once more this is testimony to the power of answered prayer and how HE helps our kids. The building is on contract for 20 years and the cost to us…free yes free!Read More
Recently some Mama Saying children had the honour to visit the USS Reuben James that was on a “show the flag” visit to Jakarta…The kids had a great day, being shown all over the ship.. including the gun turrets and sitting in inside the helicopter. Big thanks to the crew.Read More
By God’s grace our children now number 94 actually staying with us and a further 15 we help around the area. As we look back over the year, we are truly amazed at what God has done for us. Lack of space prevents us from listing every good thing so we will just highlight some of our major milestones.Read More